Rasa, or divine mellows, is remarkable and the most esoteric truth. It is the culmination of the transcendental pastimes of Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. When devotion unto Krishna reaches the peak of purity and grows dynamically active, it transforms into ‘Krishna Bhakti Rasa’, the mellows of devotion towards Krishna. Unless a devotee attains pure devotion and reaches the stage of a ‘sadhaka’, he is not qualified to experience ‘rasa’. Krishna is the root cause of divine love whereas Krishna’s personal traits and paraphernalia act as ‘uddipana’ or that which evokes ecstatic love for Him. ‘Uddipana’ helps stimulate the devotee’s latent love for Krishna, which in course of time manifests itself as ‘rasa’. In this article, we are going to discuss the various facets of Rasa, it’s different types, their respective characteristics, etc.
- Lord Chaitanya’s message of divine Love | Shanta, Dasya, Sakhya, Vatsalya and Madhurya Rasa
- Rasa Tattva, Asta Sattvika vikara & Anubhava
- Shanta Rasa – Mellow of Neutrality
- Dasya Rasa – Servitorship
- Sakhya rasa – friendship | Types of Krishna’s sakhas (friends)
- Vatsalya Rasa – Parental Affection
- Madhurya Rasa – Mellow of Conjugal Love