Sri Gauranga Ashtottara Shata Nama (Ashtottara ShataNamaVali) are the 108 names of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. The following amazing all-purifying verses have been composed by Sri Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya to disseminate the glories of Lord Gauranga all over the creation. Below are their translations for the pleasure of all the devotees of Lord Gauranga.
namaskrtya pravaksyami deva-devam jagad-gurum
namnam-astottara-satam caitanyasya mahatmanah
After offering my respectful obeisances unto Lord Chaitanya, who is a great soul, the Lord of all Lords, and the spiritual master of the entire universe, I will now narrate His 108 holy names.
visvambharo jita-krodho maya-manusa-vigrahah
amayi mayinam sretho vara-deso dvijottamah
- Viswambhara – He supports and sustains the creation
- Jita Krodha – He is triumphant over the influence of ordinary worldly anger
- Maya Manusha vigraha – He assumes the illusory form of a human
- Amayi – He is bereft of deceitful behaviour
- Mayinam Shrestha – He is the chief of transcendental cheaters
- Vara desha – He appears in the best of lands
- Dvijottama – He is best among the brahmanas