Gaudiya Vaishnava Bhajan
Song name – Yadi Te Hari Pada Saroja Sudha
Official Name – Sri Godruma Candra Bhajanopadesa
Composer – Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
yadi te hari-pada-saroja-sudha-
rasa-pana-param hridayam shatatam
parihrtya grham kali-bhava-mayam
nahi nityam anukshana-nasha-param
tyaja gramya-katha-sakalam viphalam
ramani-jana-sanga-sukham ca sakhe
charame bhayadam purusartha-haram
jada-kavya-raso nahi kavya-rasah
kali-pavana-gaura-raso hi rasah
sura-sangha-nutam priyaya sahitam
yad abhikshnam-udeti mukhabja-tatau
tama krsnam iha vraja-raja-sutam
nija-dhamani khelati bandhu-yuto
sruti-varna-dhanadi na yasya krpa-
janane balavad-bhajanena vina
tam ahaituka-bhava-patha hi sakhe
api nakra-gatau hrada-madhya-gatam
kam amocayad arta-janam tam ajam
vara-varna-dharo harir avirabhut
tam ajasra-sukham muni-dhairya-haram
abhilasa-cayam tad abheda-dhiyam
asubham ca subham ca tyaja sarvam idam
vada yadava madhava krsna hare
vada rama janardana kesava he
vada rasa-rasayana gaura-hare
cala gaura-vanam nava-khandamayam
patha gaurahares caritani muda
1) If you want your heart to be always engrossed in drinking the ambrosial mellows of the lotus feet of Lord Hari, then give up household life, which is full of quarrels and conflict, and simply worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
2) Material riches, youth, long duration of life, and royal happiness — none of these are eternal. They may be destroyed at any moment. Give up all useless mundane talks and simply worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
3) O friend, the pleasures enjoyed in the company of beautiful young women ultimately transforms into fearfulness and distracts one from the real goals of life. Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers intoxicating your mind with the nectarine mellows of Lord Hari’s holy names.
4) The taste of mundane poetry does not offer the sweet taste of true poetry. The sweet mellows of true poetry are found in the pastimes of Lord Chaitanya, the savior of souls in this age of Kali. There is no need of discussing any poetry other than the teachings and pastimes of Lord Gaura! Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
5) Krishna, the transcendental paramour, stands on the banks of the Yamuna with Radha, the daughter of Vrishabhanu, on His left side. He is absorbed in the pastime of playing soft, melodious songs with His flute. Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, who is none other than the son of Nanda.
6) He (Gauranga) is Lord Hari, sparkling like molten gold. Surrounded by His loving devotees amidst Lord Hari’s sankirtana, He is the personification of the ocean of mercy for the Gaudiya Vaishnavas. Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
7) He whose home is surrounded by the river Ganges, the daughter of the Himalayas; He who is the Lord of all the nine islands of Navadvipa, including Antardvipa; He who steals the hearts of sannyasis (renounced) and who is greatly glorified by the demigods – worship that Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, along with His wife Vishnupriya.
8) Lord Gauranga is like the mighty hammer that smashes the sin and oppression of the mad-dog of Kali-yuga. He is engrossed in disseminating the holy name of Krishna, which is the greatest medicine to release one from the material existence. His transcendental form is beautiful, and His heart is full of compassion for the suffering, fallen souls of this world. Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
9) Both friends and enemies are the recipients of His compassion that is ever manifest from His lotus face. Worship that Golden Lord, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, who is none other than the son of Nanda Maharaja.
10) In the Upanishads, He is celebrated as the all-pervading Supreme Lord. He had appeared as the son of a brahmana and is none other than Lord Hari Himself, adorning a molten gold complexion. In His abode, He sports with His cowherd boyfriends. Just worship this Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
11) He (Gauranga) is the most wonderful of all incarnations because He is the source of all other expansions of the Supreme Lord. He is the Supreme Truth, enjoying His pastimes here in Godruma (Godruma-dvipa). Worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, who is the embodiment of the most confidential divine mellows.
12) Without devotional service, mere mundane scholarship, high family lineage, wealth, and so on are not adequate to invoke the causeless mercy of the Lord. O friend, just worship Lord Gauranga, the beautiful moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, adopting the path of selfless devotion.
13) The same Lord had previously liberated Gajendra, the king of elephants, from the grasp of a crocodile, fighting in the middle of a lake. Lord Sri Chaitanya is the same unborn Lord, possessing inconceivable power, and is likened to an auspicious desire tree. Simply worship that Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
14) Lord Krishna, being pleased with the penances and austerities of Indra and the Surabhi cow, appeared in this world as Lord Chaitanya, adorning a golden complexion. Just worship Lord Gaura, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, who is eternally happy and the captivator of the intelligence of all learned sages.
15) Give up all worldly desires, monistic meditations, and relative conceptions of inauspiciousness and auspiciousness. In a favorable mood, with loving devotion, simply engage yourself in just worshipping Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
16) Serving the Vaishnavas, being addicted to drinking the sweet nectar of the holy name of Hari, and with a mood endowed with modesty, humility, and compassion, simply worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
17) Always worship Lord Gauranga, the beautiful moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, and call upon the Lord,” O Yadava ! O Madhava O Krishna, O Hari, O Rama O Janardana, O Keshava, O beloved Lord of Radha!”
18) Just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers, and call upon the Lord “O Lord of the Vrindavana forest, which lies along the banks of the Yamuna! O Lord of Govardhana Hill ! O son of the forest of Gokula! O giver of life to the rasa dance! O Gaurahari!
19) Let’s go to Navadvipa, which consists of nine islands. Read and recite with great joy the wonderful pastimes of Lord Gaurahari. Roll about in ecstasy on the banks of the Ganges, which are marked with the footprints of Lord Caitanya, and just worship Lord Gauranga, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.
20) Remember the pastimes of Gaura and Gadadhara. Become a servant of Gaura and Gadadhara. Listen to the beautiful pastimes relating to Gaura and Gadadhara and just worship Lord Gaura, the moon of Godruma’s forest bowers.