Gaura Arati – Kiba jaya jaya Gauracander aratiko shobha
Composed by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
(kiba) jaya jaya Gauracander aratiko shobha
Gauranger arotik shobha jaga-jana-mana-lobha
dakhine Nitaichand, bame Gadadhara
nikate advaita, srinivasa chhatra-dhara
bosiyache Gaurachand ratna-simhasane
arati koren brahma-adi deva-gane
narahari-adi kori chamara dhulaya
shankha baje ghanta baje, baje karatala
madhura mridanga baje parama rasala
shankha baje ghanta baje madhur madhur madhur baje
bahu-koti chandra jini’ vadana ujjvala
gala-dese bana-mala kore jhalamala
shiva-suka-narada preme gada-gada
bhakativinoda dekhe Gaura-ra sampada
1) All glories, all glories to the beautiful arati ceremony of Lord Chaitanya. This Gaura-arati is taking place in a grove situated on the banks of the Jahnavi (Ganges) and is attracting the minds of everyone in the creation.
(Refrain 1): The splendor of Lord Gauranga’s (Chaitanya) arati attracts the minds of everyone in the creation!
2) On Lord Chaitanya’s right side is Lord Nityananda and on His left is Sri Gadadhara. Nearby stands Sri Advaita, and Srivasa Thakura is holding an umbrella over Lord Chaitanya’s head.
3) Lord Chaitanya is sitting on a jeweled throne, and the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma, are performing His arati
4) Narahari Sarakara and other associates of Lord Chaitanya are fanning Him with chamaras (fly whisk), and devotees headed by Sanjaya, Mukunda Datta, and Vasudeva Ghosh are engaged in singing sweet melodious kirtana.
5) Conchshells, bells, and karatalas resound, and the mrdangas are playing very sweetly. This kirtana is supremely sweet and relishable to hear.
(Refrain 2): Conchsells resound! bell resound! Sweetness, sweetness, and sweetness resounds!
6) The brilliance of Lord Chaitanya’s face conquers millions and millions of moons, and the garland of forest flowers shines effulgently around His neck.
7) Lord Shiva, Sukadeva Gosvami, and Narada Muni are all there, and their voices are choked with the ecstasy of transcendental love. Thus Thakura Bhaktivinoda envisions the glory of Lord Chaitanya.
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s associates who were mentioned in Gaura Arati :
Nitaichand – Nitaichand or Nityananda Prabhu was none other than Lord Balarama who had accompanied Lord Chaitanya in His magnamous pastimes. Lord Nityananda is known to be even more compassionate than Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and His mercy is the key to making any advancement in spiritual life. Read more about Him here.
Gadadhara – Gadadhara Pandita was the incarnation of Srimati Radharani. He was an intimate associate of Lord Chaitanya since His very childhood. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was His life and soul. He accompanied Lord Chaitanya to Jagannath Puri after Mahaprabhu’s sannyasa and served in the Tota Gopinatha temple until he wrapped up His earthly pastimes. Read more about Him here.
Advaita – Sri Advaita Acharya was the combined incarnation of Maha Vishnu and Sada-Shiva. His prayers were one of the primary reasons why Chaitanya Mahaprabhu had appeared in this world. An intimate associate of Lord Chaitanya, Sri Advaita acharya’s Sripat is located at Santipur in West Bengal. Read more about Him here.
Srinivasa – Srinivasa or Srivasa Pandita was the incarnation of Narada Muni. He and all of his brothers had devoted their life and soul in the service of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. His love for the Lord knew no bounds. It was at his home in Mayapur that Lord Chaitanya manifested His daily evening sankirtana along with His intimate associates. Read more about him here.
Narahari – Narahari Sarkar Thakura was the incarnation of the Sakhi Madhumati who eternally assists Radha and Krishna in their Vrindavana pastimes. Narahari Thakura was the spiritual master of Locana das Thakura, composer of Chaitanya Mangala, the enchanting biography of Lord Chaitanya. Narahari Thakura had his sripat at srikhanda and was an intimate associate of Lord Chaitanya and Nityananda. Read more about him here.
Mukunda – Mukunda datta was an intimate associate of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and was His childhood friend. He was a melodious singer. He was responsible for uniting Gadadhara Pandita with Pundarika Vidyanidhi, His spiritual master.
Vasu Ghosh – Vasudeva Ghosh was an intimate associate of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. He is one the most renowned and revered composers of Gaudiya Vaishnava bhajana. His sripat is situated at Tamluk, in Medinipur. Read more about him here.